1. What was signed on June 28, 1919 to bring an end to World War One?
2. Who wrote the novel The War of the Worlds?
3. Which country was invaded by Germany on September 1, 1939?
4. What was the nationality of Hans Blix, head of the weapons inspectors during the Iraqi conflict?
5. In World War II, what was the second Japanese city to be devastated by an atomic bomb?
6. In the battle against the Spanish Armada, what was the name of Walter Raleigh’s flagship?
7. The 2000 film The Patriot starring Mel Gibson is set during which war?
8. After which war did Chairman Mao comment, “American imperialists are very arrogant”?
9. Which epic novel features the characters of Natasha Rostov and Prince Bolkonsky?
10. Who was British Prime Minister at the outbreak of World War One?
11. Who directed the Vietnam War movie trilogy that concluded with the 1993 film Heaven And Earth?
12. Which Argentine general launched a military invasion on the Falkland Islands in 1982?
13. Which singer, who died in 2003, recorded the hit single “War” in 1970?
14. Who played Private Ryan in the Spielberg directed war epic Saving Private Ryan?
15. Which British actor narrated the Jeff Wayne concept album “The War of the Worlds”?
War Themes Trivia Questions and Answers
1. The Treaty of Versailles was signed on June 28, 2019, bringing and end to the 1st World War
2. HG Wells wrote the novel War of the Worlds
3. Poland was invaded by Germany on September 1, 1939, which ultimately let to the start of the 2nd World War
4. Hans Blix was Swedish
5. Nagasaki was the second city in Japan to have an atomic bomb dropped on it in WW2.
6. Walter Raleigh’s ship was named The Ark.
7. The Patriot is set during The American War of Independence
8. The Korean War
9. Natasha Rostov and Prince Bolkonsky are characters in the novel War and Peace
10. Herbert Asquith was British Prime Minister during the outbreak of WW1
11. The Vietnam War Trilogy was directed by Oliver Stone
12. General Leopoldo Galtieri lead the invasion of the Falkland Islands
13. Edwin Starr recorded the song “War”
14. Matt Damon played Private Ryan in the Spielberg film
15. Richard Burton was the narrator of War of the Worlds.